Major crackdowns on substandard eateries in Lahore are still taking place under the authority of the PFA(Punjab Food Authority) and most recently the Deputy Commissioner’s office has also taken great strides to inspect and close down any restaurants in Islamabad that are found cooking or preserving food in an unacceptable manner.
The list of restaurants which were sealed and fined by the respective authorities included some mainstream food outlets which we would never have expected to be following such unhygienic practices. To name a few the list included KFC, Hot & Spicy, Lahori restaurant, Shinwari restaurant, Savour Foods and even Best Western Hotel.
They were caught being involved in…
1. Serving Expired Products To Their Customers
2. Having Unhygienic Cold Storage Facilities
3. Having Substandard Kitchen Cleanliness
4. Improper Handling Of Raw Products
5. Use Of Inferior Quality Meat
6. Improper Food Disposal
7. Uncovered Food Left Out In The Open
Source: Facebook Page – Deputy Commissioner Islamabad